Here at fowey.co.uk and in the Tourist Information Centre we are improving our green credentials and promoting sustainable tourism. We are members of Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project (CoaST) Below is our Environmental and Social Policy along with links to pages with suggestions to help make your stay a little greener.
Environmental and Social Policy
At fowey.co.uk and Fowey Tourist Information Centre we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
- We comply with requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We reduce pollution, emissions and waste.
- We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices.
- We source, where possible, supplies and services from businesses with similar environmental standards.
- We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally friendly way.
- We make use of local products and services where possible.
- We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues.
We would like to ask you to help us – please have a look at our information or email us for suggestions on what you can do to be a greener visitor
Days Out Without the Car - Details of local public transport and where you can visit without using your car.
Fowey's Visitor Charter - How to be green in Fowey with information on local recycling, facilities and transport.
You may also like to visit the web sites of Green Tourism Business Scheme members in this area:
Carnglaze Caverns, St Neot, Liskeard - www.carnglaze.com
The Monkey Sanctuary, St Martins, Looe - www.monkeysanctuary.org
Porfell Animal Land, Nr East Taphouse - www.porfellanimalland.co.uk
Newquay Zoo, Trenance Gardens, Newquay - www.newquayzoo.org.uk
For information on other Green Tourism Businesses in the South West you can also visit:
For more information on the Green Tourism Business Scheme please visit: